Sunday, April 6, 2008

We Miss You Owen!


It has now been officially been 80 days since our LOI (letter of Intent) went to China. I had heard that some people were receiveing their LOA (Letter of Approval) on Friday and had hoped and prayed that we would be one of those families, but it didn't happen. We are still hoping that maybe it will come on Monday. There were a few families who had waited fewer days then we had for their LOA which made me a little sad. We just want to bring our son home. So much has happened in the past few months and we just want to be there with him! Waiting really is hard. I thought I was doing really well until Friday and since then the wait just seems to have taken on a life of it's own! I don't feel as positive as I did the other day and I know that it's partly because the longer we wait the more there is a chance that Eric will not be able to travel to China with us and he will not even meet Owen for a few months after we get home.
We waited so long for Olivia that this wait should be a walk in the park but to know that our son is in China being taken care of by other people isn't easy to swallow either. I know he's being loved and for that I am greatful. I just wish it was us who were the ones there loving our little guy! I just have to keep telling myself...soon, it will happen soon!!!! Wow! I feel much better just letting all of that out, thanks for listening to me vent:)
So, if everyone out there can say a little prayer that we get our LOA tomorrow, it would be really appreciated.