This has been a fun and exciting week here in Washington. First, on Thursday I decided it was time for Owen to get his first haircut. His hair has grown so fast. Since Owen is our first son and Eric is at sea it was up to me to figure out where to take him and how I wanted to get his haircut. I picked Owen and Olivia up from daycare and then went home quickly to grab the camera so I can get pictures of this exciting event. I was only going inside the house for a few minutes so I didn't want to get both kids out of the car. I locked the kids in the car and I ran inside quickly to get the camera. I got the camera and went to the car and realized that I left the keys to both the house and the car inside the house. I suddenly started to freak out. Luckily, my friend Teresa has keys to our house and was home when I called her in a panic. She stopped by, and saved the day in more ways then one. She decided that she was going to come with me to get Owen's haircut. We went to the local beauty salon, a cheap chain type salon. So, since we were the only people in the salon at the time we were helped right away. The lady who was cutting his hair kept telling me over and over and over again that we wanted to make the experience positive for Owen and that we didn't' want to freak him out or overwhelm him. She stared to cut his hair and he did great for the first two or three minutes then he started to cry. The women who was cutting his hair decided he had enough and we should just be done. I left with a big dazed look on my face and a son who had half of a haircut literally. It was horrible. Thank goodness Teresa was there to save the day once more. She said she would be able to fix Owen's haircut and she did. His hair looks really cute now!!!
Eric and I told Olivia if she started going to the bathroom on the toilet and could go without wearing diapers anymore then we would buy her a big girl bike. So, she officially has gone 3 weeks wearing underwear and a few days ago she even stopped wearing diapers at night! So, I took her to the store on Thursday and we bought her a big girl princess bike. She still has trouble with the bike but she loves riding on it. Owen likes it too! 
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Haircuts and bike rides
Posted by Michelle at 9:08 PM
