Monday, October 6, 2008

I miss my daddy





It's getting towards the end of the patrol and we are all ready for Eric to come home. Today was a really difficult day for Olivia. She hasn't been feeling well so just like her mom she gets emotional when she's sick. So, tonight she was watching the Little Mermaid and I looked over at her and she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I'm sad" "why are you sad Olivia?" I ask "I sad because I miss my daddy, I want Prince Eric to come home" I've been telling Olivia for a while whenever we see the Little Mermaid that daddy is my Prince Eric. After her movie time it was time for bed. I put her to bed and a few minutes later I heard her moving around upstairs. I went upstairs and Olivia was out of bed and had been crying. I asked her again why she was crying and she said "I was looking in the mirror and I missed daddy. I cry because I want my daddy to come home!" It was so sad and so hard to explain. She has been such a brave little girl and this is really the first time she has broken down. She has said several times that she misses her dad or asked questions about him but she has never cried before tonight. I know how she feels. I think we are all ready for him to come home. This feels like the never ending patrol. HURRY HOME ERIC...WE MISS YOU!!!