Sunday, May 24, 2009

An artist in the making!



Here are some pictures Olivia drew last night of her daddy. She has had a hard time these past few weeks and misses her dad a ton. Last night as I was putting her to bed she said "mom, daddy really needs to come home. It's too hard for me! I want my daddy." It broke my heart in one way but the other part of me was so proud of her for expressing her feelings. It seems like it took so long for her to really talk to us at all and now she is talking a lot and expressing her thoughts and ideas. I love it.

Yesterday, we were headed to the pet store to pick up some supplies for Charlie our fish and drove past a carnival. She said "mom, I want to go to the carnival but daddy took all of my money on the submarine!" It was pretty funny that she would blame her dad who has been gone for 3 months. It's amazing what some kids come up with.

Olivia and Owen are turning out to be great friends. I love watching them play together, dance and sing. They sure know how to make my heart happy!!!!