Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mostly Just Pictures!!






I feel like I have been such a slacker when it comes to blogging. I love my blog but it seems like everyone is getting their updates on the kids and family via facebook! So, here is a brief update on life at the Schmick house.

Eric- Eric is doing great! Work has been busy for him so we haven't seen him much these past few weeks. He is ready for another deployment and even though we are not sure when he is going the kids seem to be picking up on the fact that he is gone a lot. Olivia misses him the most. She really is a daddy's girl. She is a lot more emotional then usual and I think that is probably why. Owen will get quiet and suck his thumb (which he almost never does) and when I ask him what is going on he just says "I miss my daddy". Life as a Navy family is tough but I can't complain because I know there are others who have their husbands and dads (or wives and moms) gone for months even a year. When Eric is on the submarine he is gone 3-4 months and home for 3 months then gone again. At least we have him home in between deployments.

Me- Eric and I decided that it would be best for me to stay home with the kids this year. Last year was very difficult, I taught all year and Eric was gone a lot! The kids suffered and I felt like I couldn't be the mom and teacher I wanted to be and something had to give. The obvious choice was my job! It was the best decision ever! I love being home with the kids and am having a ton of fun. It's the best job in the world!!! I've also had the opportunity to substitute at Olivia's preschool for another preschool class and a kindergarten class. I don't think I have ever had so much fun teaching before. My entire teaching career I've taught high school and jr. high and really had no desire to teach the little kids. Soooo much fun:) I am still volunteering for Love Without Boundaries. It's a rewarding experience. I feel so lucky to be apart of such an amazing organization.

Olivia- Olivia started preschool this year. I was really nervous because she is so shy that she would have a difficult time interacting with the other kids. However, she has proved me wrong. She loves school and is doing great. She turned 4 on the 14th and had a little birthday party at the gymnastics studio and loved it! It was great. Olivia also loves her role as a big sister! She does a great job telling Owen what to do and how to do it. She has no problem telling him when he is doing it wrong also. It's pretty funny to listen to my words come out of a 4 year old. It has taught me a lot about thinking before speaking....I'm working on it:)

Owen- Owen is a sweet 2 year old who loves to give his mom, dad and sisters "huggie" and kisses. He is pretty artistic and enjoys coloring. I've never seen him concentrate on anything like he does when he is coloring. I'm amazed at his ability at such a young age. He is really good at being 2 and has a bit of a stubborn streak going on. He is a great little brother. He loves his sister sooooo much and would do anything for her. I feel very blessed to have two kids who like playing with each other (most of the time).

Wow! I know I thought it was going to be brief however, those who really know me know I can never be brief and that I tend to ramble from time to time:)

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my babies:)